NC Farm School 2020- an opportunity not to be missed
NC Farm School is an in-depth training for any farmer interested in exploring which farm enterprises best suit their farm and financial goals.
NC Farm School includes eight business-planning seminars taught by an Extension specialist and experienced agents. These sessions give students the tools to match a crop or animal operation to their current goals, land resources, and marketing opportunities. The school is easy to fit into a busy schedule by providing evening classes every other week from 6–9 p.m. that focus on different areas of agricultural business. Classes cover practical steps in goal setting, resource assessment, financial management, and effective marketing strategies. The goal of NC Farm School is to allow a pathway of success for farmers to generate successful businesses.
The program also includes field trips to working farms, many of which completed our program and operate successful farms. Participants learn economically sustainable farming methods in a range of production systems, including fruits, vegetables, specialty crops, poultry, animal husbandry, and agritourism.
Our 2020 NC Farm School – Foothills will hold business classes at the Alexander Cooperative Extension Center in Taylorsville. Classes run January 16 – May 21, 2020. Any farmer in Wilkes, Alexander, or other regional counties are welcomed to participate.
Some of the great things you will get by participating in NC Farm School are:
- Marketing, budgeting, finance, risk management, and farm production training tailored to your goals
- One-on-one business consultations with NC State University Specialist
- Continued events and relationships to help you develop your business beyond 2019 NC Farm School
- Access to farming resources developed in our program exclusively for NC Farm School Students
- Relationships with Extension agents in your county connecting you to valuable resources.
The cost is $399/ person or $599 for two farm business partners. Priority deadline for registration is December 10, 2019.
For more information on the 2020 NC Farm School, and to register, please check out the link below: